Philips Digital Airfryer HD9230/26
About the Philips Digital Airfryer HD9230/26
Ladies and gentlemen the future of cooking is here; the Philips Digital Airfryer is the original and best airfryer on the market. An airfryer allows you to fry foods such as fries with a lot less oil (sometimes even none!) making even the most unhealthy foods surprisingly-healthy. Philips are a known provider of quality electronic products, so it’s no surprise to hear you’re getting a top quality fryer. Let’s take a closer look with this Philips Digital Airfryer review.
How to use the Philips Digital Airfryer HD9230/26
Using a digital airfryer is similar to using a regular fryer. It’s as simple as using the interface to adjust the cooking settings, putting your food in the basket, and letting the machine get to work. Here’s how simple it is to use this digital airfryer:
- Put the food being cooked in the basket and add the oil if needed. Remember it doesn’t need a lot of oil, so don’t overdo it.
- Choose the cooking method. How the food should be cooked depends on the food being cooked. The Philips Digital Airfryer is able to fry, grill, bake, and roast foods.
- Choose the right temperature. Once again this will depend on the food that you are cooking. The Digital Airfryer comes with a wide temperature range of up to 390 degrees.
- Set the timer. Different foods have different cooking times. The Airfryer includes a timer that runs for up to 60 minutes and turns the fryer off when the timer is finished and (presumably) the food is cooked.
- Clean the airfryer. Washing the airfryer between uses is just good hygiene. It’s easiest to clean it after it has been used before any waste can settle and be difficult to remove. The good news is that the fryer is dishwasher friendly.
How Philips Digital Airfryer HD9230/26 works
The metallic basket of the fryer is placed over a heating element, similar to that found in a water heater. It works by heating the air inside the fryer. This heated air is then rotated through the fryer and used to evenly cook everything placed in the basket. Because the fryer uses air like this, it takes a lot less oil to cook foods.
Key Features of the Philips Digital Airfryer HD9230/26
- Healthy Cooking
One of the main features of the Philips Airfryer is that it uses so little oil. It can cook your food with up to 75% less fat. It will use up virtually no oil no matter whether you use it to fry, bake, roast, or grill food.
- Maximum Cooking Surface
The Digital Airfryer comes with a double layer rack accessory to give you the most cooking space possible, letting you cook a lot of food at once.
- Touchscreen Interface
It couldn’t be easier to control the airfryer thanks to a digital touchscreen interface. No need to fiddle about with controls and buttons. Everything is clearly displayed on the screen for you. Just tap away at the screen until you’ve set the fryer up just how you need it.
- Temperature Control
This airfryer comes with temperature control for those foods that need to be cooked at specific temperatures. There is a wide temperature range too, as the fryer cooks at up to 390 degrees. This is more than enough to cook just about anything you can think of.
Philips Digital Airfryer HD9230/26 Product Specifications
|Product Dimensions||15.3 x 15.3 x 14.9 inches|
|Item weight||18.9 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||18.9 pounds|
|Adjustable temperature control||Yes|
|Non-stick cooking basket||Yes|
|Alert beep after the cooking cycle is complete||Yes|
- Healthy Cooking – As delicious as fried foods are, they are also very unhealthy and bad for you. The Philips Airfryer allows you to cook all of those delicious foods with little to not oil, meaning that they have a lot less fat, making them healthier.
- Simplicity – The fryer is easy to use and control thanks to the digital touchscreen interface. It comes with clear instructions telling you what everything is and how to use it, including where to put the oil.
- Even Cooking – What truly sets the Philips Digital Airfryer apart from the crowd is the patented starfish design of the basket. This starfish design is something that can only be found with a Philips airfryer. The design ensures that food is cooked evenly and tastes great each and every time.
- Endless Possibilities – The Philips Digital Airfryer does more than just fry. With the right accessories it can be used to grill, bake, roast, and even steam food. It does the job of just about every other kitchen appliance you have, giving you one simple and convenient place to cook just about everything.
- Dishwasher Safe – One of the worst parts of any kitchen appliance, particularly something used to cook like a fryer, is the clean-up. Grease gets everywhere and troublesome to get rid of. Thankfully all of the parts of the fryer that require cleaning are dishwasher safe. Just throw it in the dishwasher and stop stressing about how you’re going to keep it clean.
- Free and Exclusive Recipes – A sign of quality with the Philips Digital Airfryer is that it has the endorsement of professional TV chef Gordon Ramsey, who describes it has having a sous chef that doesn’t talk back to him. Ramsey offers 5 exclusive recipes to be used with the airfryer including gourmet turkey sliders and glass noodle salad. Also included in the box is a recipe book featuring 150 recipes that can all be made with the fryer. You’ll be spoiled for choice and soon impressing your friends and family with your new-found cooking abilities.
- Small Capacity – One issue with this airfryer is that the capacity of the fryer is a little smaller than you would expect. Even though the fryer has a two-tier shelf – designed to give it additional capacity – you’ll have trouble putting food on both shelves and still getting everything to cook.
- Some Accessories are not included – It’s great to know that the fryer has accessories that expand its cooking capabilities. The problem is that not all of these accessories are included in the fryer. Some of them are sold separately. This might not be much of a negative for some people, but given the price of the unit, it can be an issue.
- Price – Speaking of the price, the Philips Digital Airfryer is very expensive. It costs $250 to purchase from Amazon, and that’s not including shipping. The price could almost be justified because of the technology that goes into the fryer, but other airfryers are much cheaper. It’s entirely possible to buy an airfryer under $100.
- The recipes can be complicated – Some of the recipes that come with the machine will be a little too complicated for some people to follow. Some of them are also very time consuming and require a lot of work, even if they aren’t that difficult.
- Sticky Grill – Some users of the digital airfryer have complained that food sticks to the grill too much. It can sometimes be tough to get the food off of the grill. Food sticking to the grill also makes it more difficult to clean the grill.
- Size and Weight – Given the surprisingly-small cooking space of the fryer, you’d be forgiven for thinking that it wouldn’t take up much room. You would be wrong in this assumption, however. The fryer takes up a lot of counter space and is so bulky it can be difficult to move around. It feels like it’s a lot bigger and heavier than it should be.
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
The Philips Digital Airfryer might be the original airfryer, but there is some debate on whether or not it is the best on the market. It certainly has a lot going for it, that’s for sure. The unique starfish design of the basket is definitely a good thing, as is the wide temperature range and touchscreen interface, but there are still problems with it. The quality of the grill – and especially the size of it – seem to fall a little short of the high price tag. The lack of included accessories can be an issue as well. You wouldn’t want to spend $250 on a fryer only to learn that you have to spend even more so that it can cook what you want it to. It’s a fryer that gives you what you pay for. If you don’t mind the high price tag, and aren’t intending to feed a family of four with it, then this airfryer is a solid choice. It’s not for everyone however. So don’t be afraid to shop around and find one that suits your needs.
- Simplicity of use
- Even cooking thanks yo the patented starfish design
- Dishwasher safe
- Many free and exclusive cooking recipies
- Small capacity
- Big price tag
- Size and weight