Tefal air fryer – FZ7002 ActiFry low-fat healthy fryer
About the Tefal air fryer:
The Tefal air fryer is a low-fat, healthy cooker that uses a patented hot air system and a unique stirring paddle to cook food.
During the cooking process, hot air pulses circulate throughout the food with the paddle stirring it constantly. The Tefal air fryer is a hands-free way to deep fry food without using oil. In this review, you’ll find how all this happens by using a little amount of cooking oil.
Tefal Actifry Cooking Capacity
The Tefal FZ7002 air fryer has a 2.2 pounds (1 kg) capacity non-stick ceramic bowl and a paddle that helps to continuously stir food to prevent it from sticking on the sides. Additionally, the Tefal air fryer has a see-through steam-free lid that helps you to peep through the food as it cooks inside the air fryer.
Currently, the Tefal FZ7002 2.2 pounds model is available in the United States, Europe, and Asia. However, the ActiFry 2 in 1 and the Tefal ActiFry with a snacking basket has been produced recently.
Although both cookers have a similar cooking surface, the 2 in 1 model has a larger cooking capacity off 3.3 pounds (1.5 kg). The wire snacking basket can be fitted into both models and is highly recommended when preparing snacks using this cooker.
How to Use the Snacking Basket
The wire snacking basket is placed on top of the ceramic bowl without the stirring paddle. The basket is usually used in cooking delicate foods such as spring rolls and fish fillets. When using the snacking basket, the stirring paddle is not necessary since the hot air currents uniformly penetrate throughout the food.
Controls and Cooking Modes
Using this cooker, homemade french fries are prepared using 1 tablespoonful of healthy cooking oil. This assures you of crispy outside and a moist inside. However, to produce delicious french fries, it is recommended to use more cooking oil even though it is not relevant for the cooking process but as a flavoring.
What Can You Cook in the Tefal Actifry Low Fat Multi-Cooker
The Tefal air fryer is used to produce a variety of foods. These include vegetables, meat patties, roast chicken, meat dishes, and frozen varieties.
Cooking food with liquid soup in the air fryer is not recommended since the rim of the cooking pan is low and boiling liquid would overflow easily into the motor area.
Cooking Time and Ease of Use
The Tefal air fryer is simple to use since you only need to season the food and add it to the ceramic pan, set the timer and switch power on.
The cooking times vary with the type of food and amount available. For instance, cooking 2 pounds (0.9 kg) of French fries takes between 35-45 minutes while cooking a similar amount of frozen fries takes 20-25 minutes.
Key Features of the Tefal Air fryer
The Tefal FZ7002 ActiFry is specifically designed to meet the customers’ needs. From extensive research, testing and features analysis, the Tefal FZ7002 ActiFry is classified among the best Air fryers. Here are the functions that help it into the list:
The TeFal ActiFry air fryer is a versatile, low-fat cooker that enables you to cook various types of healthy meals easily. You can easily prepare fries, gumbos, desserts, seafood, and vegetables from this fryer. The cooker requires minimal oil thus enabling you to cook delicious low-fat meals.
The fryer has a closed vessel thus providing a safe splatter-free cooking environment. The exterior remains cool throughout the cooking period thus ensuring you don’t have to fear getting burnt. Additionally, the two-button operation makes cooking easy and safe.
- Odorless Filter
Generally, cooking produces funny odors that spread throughout the kitchen and other rooms in the house. However, this air fryer takes cooking to another level since it emits no odors as you cook. It is fitted with an odorless filter that keeps the kitchen and the entire house free of odors.
- Easy to Clean
After cooking, cleaning this cooker takes a few minutes. Most of its parts such as the lid, filter, pan, and paddle are dishwasher safe thus helping you clean up the entire cooker quickly, minimizing the time that would be spent to clean the cooker manually.
- Unique Stirring Paddle
To achieve evenly cooked food, you need a stirring paddle and a pulse heat system to ensure that the cooking oil is evenly distributed throughout the food. This cooker has a unique stirring paddle and a pulse heat system to ensure that the food cooks evenly.
How does the Tefal FZ7002 air fryer work?
The ActiFry air fryer combines different cooking methods together in one appliance.
- The electric coil that gets heated is suspended above the food just like the coil in a broiler element or stovetop burner. The dry heat produced here penetrates the food warming it internally.
- Above the coil is a fan that creates a current of the heated air as it flows around the food from all directions. This is the convection heating method that is often used in commercial ovens.
- The convection action of the heated air converts the small amount of oil used into a fine mist that is finely distributed throughout the food as it circulates. This action is almost similar to the traditional deep frying although here the food is not submerged in boiling cooking oil.
- As the hot, dry air flows throughout the food, the food’s moisture produces steam that is required to facilitate cooking.
How to use the Tefal air fryer?
The T-fal air fryer is simple to use since it has various control options and settings. You can easily select the cooking modes and other basic settings. This is the procedure to follow while using this air fryer.
- Select the cooking mode – the cooking modes includes frying, grilling, roasting, or baking. They are influenced by the type of food you want to cook.
- Adjust the temperature – after selecting the cooking mode, you need to adjust the temperature to match the dish you want to prepare.
- Turn on the heating coil – after placing the ingredients on the snacking basket or the ceramic bowl, turn on the heating coil. The coil automatically turns off after the set time elapses.
- Clean the appliance – after the food is ready, you need to transfer it to the serving bowl or plate then clean the cooker. The safe dishwasher functionality reduces the cleaning time of this multi-cooker.
Tefal air fryer Product Specifications
|Product Dimensions||19.1 x 11.8 x 15.6 inches|
|Item weight||10.5 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||10.5 pounds|
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
An AirFrier is an essential cooking tool in any kitchen. They help you to safely cook food within a short period while ensuring that you get healthy meals containing minimal cooking oil in them. The T-fal ActiFry AirFrier is the most popular cooker that best meets the users’ needs. It is designed to help you achieve safe and easy cooking.
- Produces healthy minimal oil food
- Easy to clean
- Safe and easy to use
- Can cook different meals
- Easily portable
- Has a time that ticks up to 99 minutes
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Relatively expensive
- Power does not switch off when the timer goes off. As a result, there is a possibility of over cooking
- Temperature in the cooker cannot be adjusted